Jul 2, 2011

Blossom

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. 
-Anais Nin




It's a funny thing, self esteem. What do we really base those estimations on? Standing in front of a mirror, the voices in your head, the things that other people say...what is it that we implement into our arsenal against ourselves? I think that for me, the absolute best thing that we can do for ourselves is to shut all of those off, but most women don't, or worse yet, can't. 

The quote that I put at the top of my blog post is one of my absolute favorites. There was always something kind of haunting about that quote to me. What makes a person go from being closed off and in the dark little space in our heads, to deciding that we are worth much more than our own stifled thoughts about ourselves? To explode into the beautiful thing that we all are, is something noble indeed. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment