I have a deeply empathetic side. This would probably come as a shock to people that I don't know that well, I tend to come across as reserved. But those that know me know that there is generally a whole lot brewing below the surface. If you want to know what I'm feeling, there's a very good chance that it is exactly what you're feeling.
Are you sad? Then so am I. I can't help it. I'm sorry. Feeling angry? Upset? Abandoned? Well.....then so am I. This becomes a really big problem when two people's emotions continuously feed off of each others. Part of this is what makes me a decent nurse; my ability to identify and understand the emotions of my patients. These are vital of course. But it's draining. And I'm tired. I just want a hug.
Mar 14, 2013
Hello! Long time no see. You're looking well. Oh me? I'm doing alright. It's been a little bit busy around here lately. Just living the dream man....living the dream.
- I'm a working nurse. On a med/surg floor. It's busy, fast paced, I learn something new every single day, and I have awesome coworkers.
- I moved! Into an adorable little house that is half a block from Redheaded Wonder's school. It's great! Tiny, and a total blank slate when it comes to gardening. Very excited for the spring.
- My love life is squarely back in the single zone. For now. Online dating is such a....well. That's a whole blog post on it's own, isn't it?
- I've hibernated a bit too much. I've gained back about 10lbs. I'm excited for nice weather and more motivation to get out and moving again. I'm just not a gym rat. Give me a garden, a bike, a hike, a kayak, a wall to climb.....something that's real. Then we'll see what happens. I needed those 10lbs. To keep me warm. Right? Now it's time they went away again.
- Meditations are resuming.
- Yoga is resuming.
- Green juicing is back on track.
- Heartaches, heartbreaks, losses and bad times - sure. But let's not dwell, okay? Where's the fun in that?
- I got an AWESOME new car - 1986 Volvo 240 DL (that's a station wagon folks). It's only got 74K miles on it, and it was a single owner car. AMAZING.
- .....shit. I need a 10. Uh.....OH! I'm going to start work on either a certification or entering back into school. Just like I said I would ;-)
That's all she wrote. For now.