Apr 24, 2012

Low Simmer to Rolling Boil

Man, someone turned up the heat in here.

The shit has hit the proverbial fan. End of the semester in nursing school going horribly, horrifically awry? Check.

I'm having issues with a professor regarding a particular assignment that I'm trying to hash out. I'm trying to do a make-up clinical. I have several appointments that I kinda CANNOT miss over the next few days. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue except for one pesky little issue.....

Oh yeah. My darling daughter has chicken pox. This right here, this is the first time that I have truly felt and had problems with being a single Mom. I can't be five places at once, and quite frankly I don't want to be. I also have no issue with the fact that I am in this alone. It's just a cold bucket of water to the face when you find a need to be five different places at once and you can't figure out how to keep all the balls juggling and up in the air.

This also reminds me why having family around can be such a blessing. It's hard to ask friends (even very close ones) to take time away from their families to bring me things, or help watch Redheaded Wonder. It's a very lonely feeling. I miss my Sister and my Mom and all my other siblings deeply. We are a tight knit family. I had a picture perfect time growing up, and I have amazing parents and siblings to show for it. I just wish they were here sometimes. It's hard without them.

We'll manage, we always do. Next week/month/year there will be a whole new set of challenges. And we'll rise to the occasion just like we always do. Kicking and screaming if need be. My nursing instructor made fun of me a bit today - "It's like a movie! Every thing that can go wrong just does!". She laughed, but it was also a bit of sobering moment.

Survival of the fittest my friends. /pity fest.

No comments:

Post a Comment